Image via gawd on Flickr.
Oct. 10, 2010 (10/10/10, ten-ten-ten, X/X/X) is one of those calendar phenomenon’s that people completely miss orare completely consumed by. Some couples will get married and some women will have babies. I’m just going to watch the first season of “Californication” until my eyes burn.
Here’s the skinny on the last nine years of numerical bliss:
- 01/01/01 – Greece became the “twelfth country to join the European single currency, ditching its own currency, the drachma.”
- 02/02/02 – Providence College basketball player Rob Sanders scored seven points versus Boston College. Movin’ Melvin Brown rocked Adelaide, Australia, in a “I Love You Day” concert.
- 03/03/03 – Engadget.com reports that the death “of regular phone calls” is imminent because of the release of a Skype application.
- 04/04/04 – News broke that everybody’s favorite president, George “dub-ya” Bush, and Prime Minister Tony Blair had a “secret pact for Iraq war.”
- 05/05/05 – Former Salvation Army officer Floyd Thayer, 64, died. He also served as a “a veteran of the U.S. Air Force and had served as a paramedic and firefighter in Plattsburgh.”
- 06/06/06 – This one should be pretty obvious.
- 07/07/07 – Mr. Thug Life himself, Tupac Shakur, rose from the dead.
- 08/08/08 – More than 22,000 couples registered for marriage.
- 09/09/09 – U.S. Rep. Joe Wilson yells “You like!” at President Obama. Oh, and The Beatles Rock Band is released.